Here is a hypothesis we would like to pose to you: Ireland is considered to be a reticent, backwoodsy type of country, populated by those who would prefer not to engage with other people, and who are willing to go along with the crowd.
That, and a couple of bucks will get you some Irish coffee!
In reality, an Irish Person or the most part, is always willing to talk, engage, debate, embrace, and appreciate the life of the person and the lie of the mouth. Accordingly, WE LOVE OUR NEWS.
In America, we have lots of news resources, so it becomes more a matter of selection. Below, we present to you a list of curated headlines from the Motherland.
- Basketball great Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash
- Schiff says he views Trump statement as a threat
- Britain will diverge from EU rules after Brexit - Patel
- Holocaust commemoration to take place in Dublin
- Cyclists protest over delays to Liffey Cycle Route
- Forgotten Irish explorer back in the history books
- Parties address pensions, housing and economy
- Prayers said for children found dead in Co Dublin house
- Snow and ice warning for Connacht and parts of Ulster
- Dozens pulled from rubble as Turkey quake toll hits 35
- Negotiating trade deal will be challenging - McEntee
- 4 key takeaways from Davos 2020
- Woman arrested after man dies in Wexford assault
- Investigation under way after man dies in Cavan fire
- China virus deaths hit 56, warning of spread abroad