Here is a hypothesis we would like to pose to you: Ireland is considered to be a reticent, backwoodsy type of country, populated by those who would prefer not to engage with other people, and who are willing to go along with the crowd.
That, and a couple of bucks will get you some Irish coffee!
In reality, an Irish Person or the most part, is always willing to talk, engage, debate, embrace, and appreciate the life of the person and the lie of the mouth. Accordingly, WE LOVE OUR NEWS.
In America, we have lots of news resources, so it becomes more a matter of selection. Below, we present to you a list of curated headlines from the Motherland.
- Martin confronts party discomfort with Fine Gael deal
- English football club advertising for Irish tutor
- Drugs worth over €716,000 seized by gardaí in Cork
- One lucky winner scoops Lotto jackpot worth €10.2m
- $1m bail sought by Chicago court for R.Kelly
- Support for Sinn Féin rises, opinion poll suggests
- Girl in hospital after boating incident in Limerick
- Singer R Kelly due in court for bond hearing
- FF’s Kelleher eyes European nomination
- Venezuelan troops fire tear gas near Colombian border
- Cardinal says church files on clerical abuse destroyed
- Search under way for Icelandic man missing in Dublin
- 69 die after drinking tainted alcohol in India
- Appeal over Irishman missing in Australia
- Man dies in Westmeath road crash