Here is a hypothesis we would like to pose to you: Ireland is considered to be a reticent, backwoodsy type of country, populated by those who would prefer not to engage with other people, and who are willing to go along with the crowd.
That, and a couple of bucks will get you some Irish coffee!
In reality, an Irish Person or the most part, is always willing to talk, engage, debate, embrace, and appreciate the life of the person and the lie of the mouth. Accordingly, WE LOVE OUR NEWS.
In America, we have lots of news resources, so it becomes more a matter of selection. Below, we present to you a list of curated headlines from the Motherland.
- 981 people including rebels evacuated from Ghouta
- Dispute over ferry service for Toraigh resolved
- ODCE in court bid to appoint inspectors to probe INM
- Lucky winner scoops Lotto jackpot worth €5.6m
- Former Ceann Comhairle and Labour TD Seán Treacy dies
- Poll suggests drop in support for Fianna Fáil
- RNLI rescue teenagers stranded on Sandymount
- Man due in court over €1.4m drug seizure
- Tom Ryan confirmed as new GAA Director General
- Summer time officially begins tonight
- Huge crowds expected at ‘March for Our Lives’ in US
- Former Catalan leader faces arrest in Finland
- GPs warn patients could face six-week appointment wait
- Egypt criticised over British journalist’s deportation
- Foster accuses SF of seeking to sow division