Here is a hypothesis we would like to pose to you: Ireland is considered to be a reticent, backwoodsy type of country, populated by those who would prefer not to engage with other people, and who are willing to go along with the crowd.
That, and a couple of bucks will get you some Irish coffee!
In reality, an Irish Person or the most part, is always willing to talk, engage, debate, embrace, and appreciate the life of the person and the lie of the mouth. Accordingly, WE LOVE OUR NEWS.
In America, we have lots of news resources, so it becomes more a matter of selection. Below, we present to you a list of curated headlines from the Motherland.
- Maduro set for win amid poor voter turnout in Venezuela
- Watch: Gardaí address suspected abduction in Co Wicklow
- Escape route in Hawaii blocked as first injury reported
- Iran says Europe’s support for nuclear deal not enough
- Trump and Moon discuss N Korea threat to scrap summit
- Sturgeon to ‘restart debate’ on Scottish independence
- Probation Service reviewing erroneous report
- Abduction concerns after woman reported missing
- Priest steps aside due to historic abuse investigation
- Investigation into cause of Glengormley fire
- Budget 2019 – Tax cuts or protecting the fiscal space?
- Savita Halappanavar’s parents call for Yes vote
- Venezuelans go to polls in controversial election
- Company that leased plane in Cuba crash to be audited
- Britain urged to ensure Brexit is ‘green’ process