Here is a hypothesis we would like to pose to you: Ireland is considered to be a reticent, backwoodsy type of country, populated by those who would prefer not to engage with other people, and who are willing to go along with the crowd.
That, and a couple of bucks will get you some Irish coffee!
In reality, an Irish Person or the most part, is always willing to talk, engage, debate, embrace, and appreciate the life of the person and the lie of the mouth. Accordingly, WE LOVE OUR NEWS.
In America, we have lots of news resources, so it becomes more a matter of selection. Below, we present to you a list of curated headlines from the Motherland.
- Le Pen ordered to submit to psychiatric evaluation
- Over 200 feared dead as ferry capsizes in Tanzania
- Blasphemy bill passes all stages in Seanad
- Staff difficulties for local authorities water services
- Discretionary overtime in special crime branch revoked
- Near hour wait for ambulance after crash, inquest hears
- High jump: Basking sharks can match great whites
- Cash-in-transit van robbery in Dublin
- WADA votes to reinstate Russia after three-year ban
- 5,000 donor card requests since Tinsley documentary
- Gardaí seize items in hunt for Cork bookmaker raiders
- No date set for demolition of house where boys died
- Tánaiste rejects call for emergency rent freeze
- Government memo on Tuam ‘in coming weeks’
- Dublin St Teresa’s Gardens regeneration plan launched