Here is a hypothesis we would like to pose to you: Ireland is considered to be a reticent, backwoodsy type of country, populated by those who would prefer not to engage with other people, and who are willing to go along with the crowd.
That, and a couple of bucks will get you some Irish coffee!
In reality, an Irish Person or the most part, is always willing to talk, engage, debate, embrace, and appreciate the life of the person and the lie of the mouth. Accordingly, WE LOVE OUR NEWS.
In America, we have lots of news resources, so it becomes more a matter of selection. Below, we present to you a list of curated headlines from the Motherland.
- US and China scale up tit-for-tat war on trade tarrifs
- Potential cases of lung illness linked to vaping
- Don't put the barbecue away yet...temps to hit 25C
- Schools told to provide more special education places
- Barnier: EU waiting for 'realistic' proposals from UK
- Irish-American priest arrested for stealing funds
- Talks to form new Italy coalition 'positive'
- Record revenue at Krispy Kreme in Blanchardstown
- Ryanair to close 4 Spanish bases next year - union
- G7 leaders to face thorny issues at weekend summit
- Young Irishman dies in New York incident
- Harrison fails in bid to have tribunal findings quashed
- Felling of historical tree angers west Cork community
- Taoiseach: Brazil must honour environment commitments
- US billionaire and political donor David Koch dies