Here is a hypothesis we would like to pose to you: Ireland is considered to be a reticent, backwoodsy type of country, populated by those who would prefer not to engage with other people, and who are willing to go along with the crowd.
That, and a couple of bucks will get you some Irish coffee!
In reality, an Irish Person or the most part, is always willing to talk, engage, debate, embrace, and appreciate the life of the person and the lie of the mouth. Accordingly, WE LOVE OUR NEWS.
In America, we have lots of news resources, so it becomes more a matter of selection. Below, we present to you a list of curated headlines from the Motherland.
- UN marks 33rd anniversary of the Chernobyl Disaster
- Macron vows tax cuts in response to protests
- InSight spots clouds on the Red Planet
- Body count rises to 7 in Cyprus ‘serial killings’ probe
- ‘Everything in business is to get the customer back’
- Tusla granted orders to place girl in secure facility
- GAA club to appeal ban over unapproved soccer event
- Irish and British govts plan talks on future of NI
- DCU launches exhibition on journalism of Mary Raftery
- Residents protest at Mosney Direct Provision centre
- Councils spent over €125m buying new homes last year
- Gardaí investigate shooting in Drogheda, Co Louth
- DPC launch investigation over Facebook password storage
- Quirke jury to resume deliberations tomorrow
- Ranger explains gorilla selfie that tickled the world