Here is a hypothesis we would like to pose to you: Ireland is considered to be a reticent, backwoodsy type of country, populated by those who would prefer not to engage with other people, and who are willing to go along with the crowd.
That, and a couple of bucks will get you some Irish coffee!
In reality, an Irish Person or the most part, is always willing to talk, engage, debate, embrace, and appreciate the life of the person and the lie of the mouth. Accordingly, WE LOVE OUR NEWS.
In America, we have lots of news resources, so it becomes more a matter of selection. Below, we present to you a list of curated headlines from the Motherland.
- Legislation to ban sale of e-cigarettes to children
- Stormont decriminalises abortion and same sex marriage
- Galway one of the best cities in the world
- Gove: No-deal Brexit would lead to direct rule in North
- Survey looks at bullying and harassment in Oireachtas
- Amazon statues stolen from Rome church, dumped in river
- Dozens of elephants die in Zimbabwe drought
- Motorists fined €205,000 in M50 toll dodging crackdown
- Commons ruling on Brexit makes issue even more complex
- In the driving seat: Galway boy wins cadet kart race
- Assange in UK court ahead of extradition hearing
- Inquest hears woman's body lay undiscovered for months
- Army bomb disposal team attend Christchurch incident
- Chemical spill forces plane to divert to Dublin
- Complaints over priest's plans to pay 'exorcism' visits